Created to enable all Fenwick students to achieve academically.
The Learning Center:
- Provides study skills instruction
- Provides writing and reading support
- Helps with school test preparation
- Assists students with learning style differences
Students are referred to the Learning Center through their Guidance Counselors. Once referred, the Learning Specialist will schedule an appointment with each student, conduct an interview to assess areas of strength and weakness, and create a learning plan to meet each student’s individual goals. The student will work in the center as long as skill building and academic support are needed.
- The Learning Specialist will coach freshmen and new students in note-taking, study skills, organization, test review, test taking strategies and vocabulary building.
- Sophomores and juniors will strengthen their skills in writing outlines, reading skills, writing skills and curriculum based tutoring.
- Seniors will focus on organization of research papers, successful test preparation and continuing with curriculum based tutoring.