Mission & History
Bishop Fenwick High School - Founded in 1959
Fenwick was the first co-educational Archdiocesan Catholic high school on the North Shore. Founded in 1959 by the late Richard Cardinal Cushing, and staffed by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, Fenwick was named after the second bishop of Boston, Benedict Joseph Fenwick, SJ..
Fenwick is approaching its 60th anniversary and remains committed to its original mission of providing greater opportunity for greater achievement for all students. The faculty and staff are committed to this mission, creating an academically challenging and nurturing environment rooted in the mandate of the gospel message of Jesus Christ and in the charism of St. Julie Billiart, foundress of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. We believe that our ministry calls us to "teach as Christ did."
Our school motto of “Goodness and Loyalty” still rules the day, every day.
Bishop Fenwick High School is a Catholic, academically rigorous, and supportive co-educational college preparatory school. Bishop Fenwick is dedicated to creating an environment where all students can strive for and achieve excellence intellectually, spiritually, and creatively, as well as recognize their responsibility to serve others.
Bishop Fenwick graduates will enter the world prepared, inspired, and able to excel in all they do, embracing the importance of service to others.